Monday, April 4, 2011

Back to the Firehouse


I mentioned the Boulder Pottery Lab briefly in my introduction. It's the pottery program through the City of Boulder Parks and Recreation, all classes are held in a nearly 100 year old brick firehouse. I LOVE remodeled old buildings, and I LOVE studios, so I REALLY love the Pottery Lab.

I am still lacking a kiln and a wheel so I decided to register for the Spring session pottery class. I signed up for the Saturday morning class, and my first one was this past weekend. When I went in the firehouse I felt like, ahhhhhhhh, this is where I belong! I am so excited to get really messy on the electric wheel, so excited to get my pieces glazed and fired, and so excited for all of the new inspiration, motivation, instruction, and ideas that come with taking a class. It's amazing how much there is to learn about clay...

No comments:

Post a Comment