Monday, July 4, 2011

Saturday



Saturday was a big day. I woke up in the morning ready to do all of the things I've been procrastinating. The weather was nice (not too hot), I had the big ladder, I had the paint, so I FINALLY finished painting the outside of my studio! It is such a relief to have it done.

Because I finished that I felt a little better spending time on the side projects I've been wanting to do... Like this encaustic piece I've been working on:


After a hard day of laboring over the paint I went up to my mom's house to celebrate her birthday. She has a very sweet cabin in the mountains and has been generously storing a lot of my things in her garage. One of those things is my kick wheel. When I was in college at MSCD, the ceramics department decided to replace all of the kick wheels with electric ones. The kick wheels were literally put out on the curb. My friend had a truck (and a strong husband) and picked one up for me. My mom and I hauled it up to her cabin and it's been there ever since. While I was up there for her birthday party, I had a wild thought, maybe my kick wheel would fit in my car... So I measured, and it did!  The kick wheel was HEAVY, but we managed to get it into my car. Now it is in my studio... And all I need is a kiln!

No comments:

Post a Comment