Saturday, May 28, 2011

Me, My Cast, and Crew


I realized that I haven't written very much about my life and the people that are a big part of it... Or myself. So here goes:

Has anyone ever asked you to sum up yourself in three words? I was first asked that question about 15 years ago. I've been thinking about it since! I've come up with a good one: Creative.  I need to be creative; it is a huge part of me. When I am making things I feel very balanced, and when I'm too busy to be creative it starts to seep out of me. I used to work in a real estate office. I would make paper clip sculptures or copy paper origami- I found all sorts of unintended uses for office supplies! Shortly after quitting that job (in order to preserve my sanity) I began to teach art to kids at a private non-profit art school called Clementine Studio. I don't think I've ever loved a job more! Of course I go through lulls and ebbs of inspiration, but I know that if I'm triggered I could stay up all night working on a project without realizing the time.

Another word that describes me: Mom. I became a mom at the age of 19. When I was pregnant I had the invincible attitude of a teenager- I thought I could do anything. How hard could it be? Bjork became a mother at the age of 19, therefore, so could I (I honestly thought this!). I guess I was right about being able to become a mom- I did it. My daughter, Hana, was born June 5, 1997. I was so wrong about the difficulty of it though. I had no idea how hard it would be to be a mom... I'm sure every parent knows the challenges of having kids- the way that kids just know exactly which buttons to push and when to push them for maximum effect. And still you love them so dang much it's heartbreaking. Since becoming a mom that's part of who I am. I ask my friends if they need a coat. I encourage everyone to drink a glass of water with their beer. I caught myself giving my roommate unsolicited advice the other night. It's annoying, just like moms sometimes are!

I'm still working on the third word.

Until then I will introduce my little family:

This is Hana, my daughter. She'll be 14 next week!


Hana is a fabulous, funny, smart person. She's an incredible drawer, has recently become addicted to Glee, loves Indian food and sushi. Her hair color and style changes weekly- currently it is black with hints of "coon tails" (sort of striped and feathery).

This is our dog Rosie.



Rosie makes us laugh every day. We've had her for almost 3 years and she has made our lives so much better! I chose these photos because they sort of show her personality. Rosie weighs about 50 pounds and thinks she's a lap dog....She loves to have her pink pig belly rubbed... And she has these soulful eyes that are impossible to resist.

No comments:

Post a Comment