Monday, January 31, 2011

Daily Sketch

 Do you keep a sketchbook or journal? I'm reading An Illustrated Life by Danny Gregory and it is really inspiring me to sketch and draw more. I've decided that I'm going to get in the habit of sketching out at least one art idea every day. It can be really simple or very detailed. I don't want to give myself a lot of rules, I just want to do it!  I found an old small sketchbook (about the size of a paperback novel) that I'm going to start carrying with me everywhere.

Today's sketch is a mug I've been visualizing since a certain style emerged during an encaustic class I'm taking. I just can't get away from the dots and circles! I think it will translate beautifully in ceramics.

This was my first encaustic piece
Sketch 1/31/11

No comments:

Post a Comment