Monday, November 26, 2012

Fall Update

 I've been busy lately! Between teaching at Clementine Studio, my various childcare jobs, gearing up for the holidays with ReLove Projects (I've been an ornament factory), and raising a teenager, I haven't had as much time with clay as I would like. However, Thanksgiving Day, due to some miscommunication, I was completely free to do whatever I wanted. My daughter was with her dad, my family had other plans so I glazed ALL DAY. I've written about glazing disappointments  but luckily I had very few of those with my latest firings! The colors were exactly as I imagined (or better), the glaze didn't run... Even some pieces that were experiments turned out well! 
I'll be adding a few of these to my Etsy shop as I photograph them.

These ones sold about 10 minutes after I took these photos! I pulled them out of the kiln, took pictures, and brought them to my local coffee shop. The guy interested said, "I'll take them all!" He gave the flower one in the center to one of his employees as a holiday gift. It's such a great feeling when someone appreciates my work. 
I've also been experimenting a lot with plant homes. This is a small hanging planter that I made from porcelain and macrame.  What I learned: I have to make it BIGGER! I had to finagle quite a bit to get a very small plant to fit happily in it. I do love the way it looks in my studio window though, so at least it wasn't a waste! 

New listings are coming soon! And as always, if you're interested in a custom piece please you can email me with details. If you are looking for a holiday present let me know ASAP so that I can get it finished in time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment