Friday, January 25, 2013

Ghost



When I was in college majoring in ceramics I heard the worst pick up line. I was in a bar, making small talk with some guy and I told him I was studying ceramics. He brought up the Ghost scene and asked if I had ever tried it. I said, "Uh, no."  
"Neither have I. You wanna?" He said raising his eyebrows up and down.
Even though the scene in Ghost was very well done and quite sexy, after working with clay I shudder when I think about it. First of all, a lot of clay is gritty and rough. While my hands have gotten used to the exfoliation, I do not want any other part of my body to endure the constant roughness of throwing. Second, if the clay is good and ready, it stinks. Really, it smells like moldy vinegar. I love the earthy smell, but it is definitely not a turn on! 
So needless to say, that guy in the bar did not reenact the Ghost scene. Not with me, anyway!


No comments:

Post a Comment